Simple Daily Face and Skin Conditioning.
Also ALOE FACE MASK
Fresh Aloe Vera, hailed the “plant of immortality” by the Ancient Egyptians and further coined “the fountain of youth” by Nefertiti who legend says used it as the central part of her beauty regime. Nefertiti was revered for her radiance and beauty and further renowned for her eternally youthful looks.
As a skin tonic, fresh Aloe Vera direct from the leaf surpasses some of the most expensive skin care products on the market. It is a great anti-aging treatment as it tightens skin by increasing collagen production and elastin and stimulates fibroblast cells, regenerating the cells for younger looking skin. Aloe Vera is antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral which makes it perfect in keeping skin clear and controlling acne. It also soothes, softens and moisturises skin, helping skin problems like eczema and psoriasis heal.
The best way to use Aloe Vera is fresh – that is gel straight from the leaf.
Says Irenee Gardiner, (long time user of fresh leaf gel from Aloe Fresh)
“My favourite way to use Aloe gel for beauty, anti-aging and skin enhancing purposes is as a daily face mask with the fresh Aloe gel taken from the leaf as the only ingredient. I simply cut a piece off and slice it for use and apply it straight away just as it is - fresh and gooey.
"When you apply the gel, you will feel it tightening and working immediately that it begins to settle and dry slightly.
"I would recommend you do this at least three times a week and you will very soon start seeing results and enjoying the benefits of this low-maintenance and inexpensive regime."
Products containing Aloe Vera have considerably less benefit compared to the real thing. This is because stabilising (for longer shelf life) Aloe Vera is a difficult process that greatly reduces it’s medicinal and therapeutic qualities. The stabilising process also makes the extracted gel very expensive. Therefore little is used in most products and in many brands the producers only put a very small fraction of the Aloe concentrate in the creams, lotions and other products they make. Putting only a small portion permits them to say that their product contains Aloe Vera despite there being so little it would have no significant benefit to the health of your skin. Cynical but true. As with many beauty products and/or cosmetic compounds the marketing is more fantastic than the product.
Simple daily skin cleansing
1. Cut an inch off from your ALOE Fresh leaf.
2. Cut this portion through the centre across the leaf. (see pic.1-click to enlarge)
3. Rub the clear gel all over your face and neck.
4. Gently pat the gel around the eyes with your fingers.
5. Leave for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Note: For using daily the Aloe segments can be reused two or three times. Keep in a shallow container with a lid on. Refrigerate during summer months. Squeeze to reactivate gel when reusing.
ALOE FACE MASK
1. Extract gel from leaf and blend. (Click for instruction pictures)
2. Let blended gel sit and settle for 20 minutes.
3. With a basting brush or with fingers apply gel generously but not so much that it runs off your face. Wait 3 to 5 minutes so it can dry very slightly and apply again making sure you pat gel gently around eyes and on eyelids. Build up as much as possible.
4. Relax and let the gel settle for at least 10 minutes.
5. Leave on to do all the remarkable things Aloe does for your skin for at least 1 hour. For the very best results it is best left on overnight.
6. When you are finished rinse your face with lukewarm water.
This should be done at least once a week but more often if possible.